EMJS PAC organizes a hot lunch on the second Wednesday of each month (Oct – June) as a fundraiser for the school. People are encouraged to participate at a level at which they feel comfortable, knowing that the program is entirely volunteer-run and all proceeds go to supplement the school budget in paying for extras such as chess, extra library books, technology (iPads, chrome books, document cameras, etc.), art supplies, Artists in Residence, Science Venture, Story Studio, emergency supplies, field trip subsidies, playground and sports equipment, and more.
We work with local businesses and do our best to minimize our environmental impact (compostable packaging) while providing a fun monthly lunch program for the kids and staff at EMJS. Our current hot lunch menu (2022/23) includes:
- Hot House Pizza (veggie, pepperoni, cheese and GF)
- Wraps from Red Barn Market (meat and veggie options)
- Sushi from Bon Sushi (Avocado, California and Cucumber rolls)
- Fruit cups from Chef on the Run
- Island Farms Milk (2% and chocolate) from Oak Bay Dairy
- Portofino Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Wendel’s Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie
To register your student, place orders and pay online, go to:
- At the start of each school year, families need to register for a new account on the hot lunch site. Please use access code EMJS.
- Volunteers are needed to help with lunch sorting and delivery – you can find out more about timing and what’s involved by visiting our SignUp sheet.
If you have any questions regarding the program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org